Saturday, April 18, 2020

False, Flock-focused Righteousness

Number 14 on my list of The Characteristics of the CGGC Brand is "False Flock-focused Righteousness."

It strikes me that the changes that the Coronavirus has forced prove my point.

During the nearly 90 years of spiritual decay and numerical decline the CGGC has experienced, there has been an increasing emphasis that right living for a Christian begin in church.

That certainly was not the teaching and example of Jesus nor was it true of the Church of God in its movement days.

But, for most of the people in the CGGC these days, it's conventional wisdom.

And, so, these days of Stay at Home orders are a challenge and a problem.

I don't have a huge point here. Certainly, I'm not saying something that I don't say frequently.

But, it seems to me, this is an ideal time to read through the Gospels, asking the question of how the life Jesus taught and lived differs from what you've been taught, what you've come to believe...and, most importantly, what you've been doing.

Jesus didn't plant churches but He did teach how people who believe in Him must live. We've strayed. We've been running on the fuel of church-based traditions completely foreign to the Way of Jesus.

We have an opportunity to rethink, to repent.

We must repent.

No comments:

Post a Comment