Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Doing What I do Cyberly

You know, one loses track of time in quarantine, at least, I do.

One day runs into another.

I've found myself loosing track of my life in my calling.

A small part of what I do...a very small part...is connected to this blog. Very, very small part. And, I've kept up with that.

But, I do think of myself as an ambassador for the Kingdom of God, yada, yada, yada.

It's that calling and ministry that I've lost too much of since I chose the rules of the community here at the home over my on the job ministry.

I've been gratified that so many of my coworkers, and even some customers of the store, have reached out to me to tell me how much my presence is missed and who have remained in contact to ask about my mom and continue to assure me that she, and we, are in their prayers.

I've found myself sort of resting on my laurels, taking it all in, enjoying the sense that, perhaps, I made a bigger difference for the Kingdom than I realized.

And, that felt good...

...but it has to stop.

I've been paying some attention to the ways that pastor/parish priests have used social media to continue their ministries.

And, it strikes me that it would be easy for me to do the same with the ambassador stuff.

So, this morning, I started to do that via texting and email.

As I say, being an ambassador of the Kingdom is easier for me to do remotely than it will be for someone who sees himself, or herself, as being a provider of religious products and services.

So, starting today, I'm back in ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment