Saturday, March 21, 2020

My Latest eNews Comment

Finally.

For more than a decade, I've been begging the highest holders of institutional authority in the CGGC to actually DO something that matches their glorious talk.

I've got nothing against the talk. I agree with the talk. I LOVE the talk. It's the talk I talk.

But, I've often believed that our holders of institutional authority desecrate the talk by not obviously, blatantly, walking their wonderful talk.

In his latest, though, Lance's describes a walk that matches the talk.

If you haven't read Lance's latest yet, you must read it.

This is a clear and simple example of a way we can practice followership.

Thanks, Lance.

---------------

Here's my comment:

Lance,
I am so profoundly blessed and encouraged by what you have done among your neighbors.
In the Sermon on the Mount , Jesus commands, “Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.”
These challenging and uncertain days provide people who obey Jesus with opportunities to be light with few words and simple, powerful acts of mercy and love.
Thank you for setting an example in good works (Mt. 5:16, Eph. 2:10, James 2:18) that can be followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment