Monday, August 28, 2023

A view from 40,000 feet

My friends, thanks for your reception of my earlier post. I sent it out to an abridged mailing list. I was stunned to note the number of hits on it in just a few hours. Blessings.


It's been a long time since I've walked in my prophetic calling within the CGGC... particularly as far as the writing of articles in this forum is concerned. 

Being prophetic among people whom the Lord is not blessing is not fun. In fact, merely BEING among a people whom the Lord is not blessing isn't fun. What's even more painful is to be among people who are as content not to be blessed as CGGC people are.

It's easy for a prophet to burn out and to lose focus when ears don't hear and hearts are hard.

Considering the most prominent names that have gone before me, I have no excuse. Elijah, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, John the Baptist? I cower in shame noting those examples of faithfulness. 

I'm resolved to be faithful. Still,... As Ringo Starr sang, back in '71, "It Don't Come Easy."

So, for today...


The CGGC pays lip service to a belief in the continuing ministry of apostles, prophets, evangelists and shepherds and teachers. The CGGC talks a good talk...

...but it doesn't walk the walk.

To my knowledge, there are no prophetic voices in the CGGC conversation in 2023. There are, at least, no prophetic voices being listened to. 

One characteristic of the prophetic is the ability to see the big picture...(and, also, the inability to comprehend up-close detail.)

I still read the CGGC eNews faithfully. I read the ERC E-Newsletter. I hear the oral scuttlebutt.

It's the gift...and the curse...of the prophet to discern a big picture vision.  From everything I know, in the CGGC, all big picture vision is being stifled or ignored... or, those people have moved on. There is no big picture perspective. 

Gang, the Lord promised that even the gates of hell will not stand against the church. The Lord of that promise is not blessing us. In every way decline can be measured, the CGGC is in decline. 

So,...

...in future days and weeks, if the Lord allows, I'm going to contribute some big picture insights.

Blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment