Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Netflix Finds

About a week ago I mentioned that I get Netflix at no additional cost with my cell plan and I asked for suggestions. 

I got nothing except that I was told Netflix stinks and to get Amazon, which I'm too cheap to do. 

I'm Pennsylvania Dutch and FREE is our favorite four letter word. 

----------------

A joke from the store:

Q: What's the most dangerous place in the world?

A: The space between a Mennonite and a sale.

---------------

So, I found a few things. I'll mention one now.

Later on, I'll probably mention another, MINDHUNTERS.

Last night I finished the last season of
BROADCHURCH. Broadchurch is the name of the town where the series is set. 

BROADCHURCH is very British. However, normally in British shows, the church and members of the clergy are presented in a very negative way. Jesus not so much. 

And, so, because I don't think much of institutionalized Christianity and even less of the clergy/laity error, that doesn't bother me. 

Anyway, in BROADCHURCH, there's a major character who is the local parish priest. His ministry is an abject failure but he himself is a person of character and integrity. 

One of the final scenes in the show has him preaching his last sermon before he leaves the town. 

And, it's straight from my soapbox. 

Let us consider how we may spur one another on to love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together as some are in the habit of doing...

Good stuff.

Do I recommend the show? It's a 21st century whodunnit. Murder. Rape.

There's little, "they all lived happily ever after." Little repentance. 

But, entertaining. And, I'm supposing, it was popular over there.

1 comment:

  1. Amazon is better as far as BBC programming; however, Netflix has plenty. I like sci fi and fantasy, tho, so probably not good suggestions for you.

    ReplyDelete