Friday, September 8, 2023

eNews: "What Will Church Planting Look Like in 2033?"

 

I still read the CGGC eNews.  

These days, in my opinion, the quality of the articles is higher than it has ever been. Today's eNews articles tell the truth about who CGGC "leaders" are, how they're thinking and what they're doing. 

Still, while I appreciate the quality of eNews writing, I am, more than ever, concerned and disburbed about what's going on in the CGGC headquarters building. 

Last week's September 1, 2023 article was by Lance...a rarity these days. The title of this post, What Will Church Planting Look Like in 2033? is the title of Lance's article. Lance details some things that he and about 25 CGGC "leaders" learned at a two-day training organized by an organization called Axelerate.

About a third of my way into reading the article, I decided to stop and return to the beginning, then scan the whole thing to see how many times the word Jesus appears.

Nada.

Today, more than ever, CGGC leaders are all  about institution. All church no Jesus.

I'm old. I can remember. It was about 40 years ago that we decided that the way to reverse our decline was to plant churches. We were wrong. Our last 40 years have been bad years.

Gang! Jesus didn't say, "Therefore, go and plant churches."

In my opinion, this group of current CGGC  leaders does what it does very well. But, very simply? It doesn't do the right thing.

We need to turn to Jesus. 

We must repent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment